Monday, September 26, 2011

Fall is upon us

I was a bit surprised when  I saw this tree. The leaves are actually changing colors! I guess it was kind of silly of me to think Taiwan was always just hot and didn't have major season changes like in Utah. Well, Fall is coming, and the trees are proof. Last week was actually a lot cooler and there were several nights when I even left my fan off.


I've always loved birthday parties!


This is last Monday night after I had finished group tutoring. It's lit up light like a rose in the desert. I live on the roof.


I found the Carrefour store. It kind of just feels like a giant stuff store. There are escalators that take up shopping carts. I kind of just wandered around probably looking confused. Sometimes I feel a little weird going to the store. I've gotten to the point whenever I see other white people I just stop and stare. So I don't blame people for doing that to me, but it still feels a little strange.


Saturday I woke up early to go running with the sister missionaries. After my run, I was feeling happy with myself for being able to communicate with mostly words instead of gestures to buy some bow zi from a breakfast stand. I decided to eat it at the park and this is what I found when I got there. There was a croquet tournament going on. I just plopped myself on a bench and enjoyed my breakfast.


After a few minutes a little girl came up to me and started speaking with me in english. She was probably 8 or 9, and didn't know much english. I asked her what her name was in Chinese and thought it was great for both of us. She got to practice english, and I got to practice Chinese without being laughed at from pronouncing things wrong.


After finding out each other's names, and asking if she liked different kinds of fruit, I ran out of Chinese things to say.


This weekend was filled with many activities and things going on at church. I helped set up for the district RS birthday party. There was lots of food! And all of it was amazing! This isn't even 1/2 of all that was there. Along with the RS party, we also had a fireside/conference on Saturday and then stake conference on Sunday. I was amazed by how many missionaries are in the district.


It's been a little while since I caught a little critter. So here's one. Geckos are hard to catch, I'll say, but they are super cool. This is about as small as I've seen them here.


Yeah for mango ice cream! I guess the spoon couldn't handle it. (ha, no pun intended) When I bought the ice cream from the store I biked home as fast as I could cuz I didn't want it to melt.

No comments:

Post a Comment