Saturday, December 3, 2011

It's getting a bit chilly.

December! How is it December already? I remember in early July thinking that Decemeber would never get here, and now here it is! I have a hard time remembering how hot it was then, because now I am just trying to figure out how to stay warm. It's not cold by Utah standards, but for Taiwan it's getting pretty cold and I need a jacket.

Here's a little bit of what I've been up to lately.

Last weekend I biked to Taroko Gorge with Greg, Grace and Tony Chu. I mapquested it later and it was almost 26miles of biking. In this picture there's the cool Chinese looking building with a waterfall, and right by the river is a music performance. They had bamboo flutes, pea pas, violins, pianos and probably more that I cant remember. It was super cool! They only let people down  by the river when they have a performance going on, so I felt pretty lucky. We biked to another place in Taroko Gorge and heard a musical performance with over 100 french horns. Only french horns. When they played the Jurassic Park theme song it just seemed to fit perfectly with the jungle around us.


Earlier this week we took the traditional school picture. Arn't all the kids so cute! I'm so lucky to hang out with these kids everyday. We finished the alphabet this last week. It's so weird to finally be done. Now we are working on the upcoming Christmas Program.




Sorry I dont have more pictures, they take too long to put them up. Last week in church I was asked if I would give a talk in sacrament meeting the day before I fly back home. Oh, and they asked me if I could say it in Chinese. What a challenge! Along with being slightly terrified, I am pretty excited! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Stephanie!! Love the pictures and the experiences!! SO happy for you! Good luck on your talk, you will do amazing!!! When do you come home??

    ReplyDelete