Sunday, August 14, 2011

Yilan Adventures

On Monday I biked around getting lost. And I found this cool cemetary. There were hundreds of graves and a lot of them were crumbling, and overgrown. Eventually, I figured out where I was and found my way home.


After tutoring on Thursday we went down to the playground. It was raining and dark but we found this snail. It's about 3 inches long- it looks a lot smaller in the picture.


While on our search for interesting creatures we also spotted a toad jumping around. I caught it in this jar.

Saturday, Kim and I went with Teacher Stephanie and her family to Yilan. We took our bikes on the train with us and biked from place to place. We went to a toy festival/water park. After we went swimming we found a spot that showed off a bunch of cool toys. This is what we found. They also had safe toys.


After I was done swimming, there was a magical tree top walk. This is a birds eye view of the park. It was very crowded. 


This was a cool tunnel that looks blue.


This is the group of us at went. Behind us is the large water bed. It was hard to stand up on them because there were so many people making ripples in it.


Before we left, there were two giant kittens taking pictures with people. They were leaving, so I had to practically race this one down to get a picture with it. They had lots of cool stuff at the toy festival spot. We listened to live groups from Cuba, and Poland. And they gave out free stuff like kitty stickers and tissues.


This was at the train station. I was amused that they wanted to make sure those who know english know where they are. Or maybe they just forgot to add the map.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Stephanie! It looks so pretty over there, you're getting to explore a lot of cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete