Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Poisonous Toads, Bikes with suitcases, and the ocean!

This last Saturday, our Branch had an activity/walk. We started at an elementary school and just walked around. We saw cows and trees and there was a cool man-made stream we stopped at and put our feet in. It was a lot of fun meeting new people.


We saw a toad. I wanted to pick it up, so I did. A lot of times toads are poisonous, so I used a banana leaf instead of my bare hands. It's a good thing too, because as soon as I picked it up, the toad's spots oozed white powder stuff.


Saturday after the ward activity, I found the beach again. It only was about a 20 minute bike ride, and plus I couldn't resist. I love the ocean!


One of the girls in our branch is going back to the states on Wednesday. She had a bunch of stuff that she wanted to either give away or throw out since she couldn't take it with her on the plane. We went over to her place to get it, but the problem was, we didn't have a car to bring it back. So we got creative and tied the suitcase full of stuff to my bike with a scarf. It worked!

No comments:

Post a Comment